Welcome to NASH
Back Row (l-r): Myra Nissen, Treasurer; Tanya Kell, Vice President; Manfred Mueller, President; Carleen Johnson, Secretary; Julie Mann, Director, NASH Foundation.
Front Row (l-r): Kate Birch, International Community Committee Chair; Deborah Hayes, Editor, American Homeopath; Laura Sholtz, Registrar.
“The North American Society of Homeopaths (NASH) is dedicated to promote, represent and serve as the voice of all professional homeopaths in North America. NASH aims to develop and uphold the highest level of excellence in homeopathic practice while enhancing the role of the homeopathic profession as an integral part of health care delivery.”
Originally founded in 1990, its mission was to set standards of competency and to certify individuals in the practice of classical homeopathy in order to inform and protect health care consumers in search of homeopathic treatment. The past 15 years has seen a rapid evolution of various homeopathic agencies throughout North America.
Since 2001, NASH has worked in close communication with the Council of Homeopathic Certification (CHC), which sets and maintains standards of practice for certification in classical homeopathy, a minimum requirement for all NASH Registered Members. NASH aims to uphold the highest standards of excellence in homeopathic practice. In 2002, NASH opened its doors to licensed health care providers who have demonstrated their commitment to homeopathy.
An important element of NASH’s mission is to promote and represent professional homeopaths and to enhance the role of the homeopathic profession as an integral part of health care delivery in North America.
NASH’s goal is to further develop an expanded, cohesive organization that gives its members:
- Professional unity and strength.
- A strong voice among other health care modalities.
- A powerful presence in society at all levels – social, health, political and legal.
As the leading organization representing all professional homeopaths in North America, NASH is committed to supporting its members in meeting the challenges of professional homeopathic practice.
Our GoalsALegitimize homeopathy as a profession through a strong political voice.
- Support state homeopathic associations
- Support state legislative bills promoting health freedom
- Educate the general public about homeopathy and registered homeopaths
- Establish interactive relationships with universities and health organizations
- Promote NASH members by publishing their original articles
- Promote NASH members as speakers at national conferences and schools
- Provide promotional materials on homeopathy
- Provide access to group health care
- Maintain website archives of past newsletters and journals
- Provide interactive peer support for registered members